Posting: KTSA News/Talk Account Executive
- # of positions: 1
- Department: Sales
- Job Type: Full Time
- Category: Salesperson
- Benefits: Full Benefits
- Salary: Guarantee for a limited time, transitioning into Draw + Commissions
Border Media is looking for an Account Executive for its News/Talk Radio Station, 550KTSA. We are looking to for the “right” person to fill the seat we have available on our bus. We are looking for an individual we will be proud to send out into the marketplace to represent our station and its products. This person will work hard every day to find the businesses that need our station most. This person will also work hard to understand the marketing needs of business owners and to develop a plan that will deliver the results the client expects using our radio station and its products.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a tight nit group and work well together. Any person who is interested in making radio sales a career would consider themselves very fortunate to work in the environment here at Border Media; and to work with and learn from the professionals with our level of expertise. Over 80% of our team has worked as a team for over 10 years. There is a lot of experience and maturity in our sales team. We need a new team member, and will enthusiastically welcome the right individual to join our work family where we truly do love one another and work our tails off.
Our mission is to revolutionize radio in San Antonio by being credible, enthusiastic, and innovative stewards of our creative talents, our products, and our industry. We are committed to creating a culture of integrity that is real and reflected in our everyday actions in the marketplace and with one another.
We are a group of sales professionals who are fanatical about our products. We believe that our products have the ability to change the lives of the advertisers who use it. It is our responsibility to be sure our advertisers use it well to generate the results they desire. We also believe in doing the right thing, every little thing, every time, all the time.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Learn and implement the sales process that you will be taught. The process begins with making 50 brand new calls per week to discover the name of the actual decision maker
- Send 50 seeds per week
- Make 50 follow up calls per week on the seeds sent to secure an appointment with the actual decision maker
- A minimum of 5 presentation appointments per week with the actual decision maker
- A minimum of 2 brand new pieces of long-term business closed per month
- Long-term means a minimum 13 week commitment (50%+ of KTSAs business is done through annual commitments - by far the best way to help a business owner gain market share effectively here in San Antonio)
- Maintain an active account base of a minimum of 20 accounts
- The sales process you will learn includes a system for continual prospecting, turning prospects into active advertisers, and serving active accounts with excellence. You will need to continually work the process
- Update Efficio daily with advertiser/prospect account activity
- Weekly update your projected billing in Efficio
- Enforce Border Media’s credit policies with all advertisers, communicating terms clearly to the advertiser before the deal is closed
- Collect receivables
- Hit monthly sales goals consistently
- Create client focused, research based proposals that will help prospects understand the full benefit of choosing to do business with 550KTSA. Often at this stage of the process it is likely that you would want to have a sample radio ad for the prospect to hear. You will write and work with our production team in the creation of the ad
- Write commercial copy that compels the audience to buy the clients products
- A commitment to continually improve
- Have working knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel
- Have the ability to easily learn new computer programs, software, etc.
- Have experience in the work place of making things happen
- Have a strong desire to make a difference in your life and those with whom you come in contact
- Have a servant mentality